2022 school captains
Junior School Council
APS values the input of students in the decision making processes. Through the Junior School Council, students are able to experience leadership opportunities. The JSC is made up of a representative from each class from Years 1-6.The Junior School Council is coordinated by Miss Dalziel and Mrs Roberts. The Junior School Council meets regularly and is chaired by our Year 6 School Captains,
The 3 Broad Working Parties within JSC are:
- Sustainability based
- Community/Charity based
- School based
The Year 6 School Captains, will often team up with other school leaders, such as the Sustainability Captains, to work with staff members to coordinate and conduct meetings and lead the Junior School Council in any issues, projects and fundraising they are working on.
The APS Junior School Council aims to:
- Provide students with a sense of pride and achievement
- Develop caring and responsible attitudes within the children
- Provide an avenue for the development of ‘student voice’ within the school
- Raise student awareness of issues
- Provide a forum for students to openly discuss concerns, issues, opportunities for improvement and to celebrate success
- Enable coordinated fundraising events and promotion of other school and school related community events.
Each member of our JSC wears a badge which informs everyone of the important role they hold in our school and this makes them identifiable so that other students can go to them with suggestions and ideas.